Tonge with The Haulgh Big Local Grants
The Big Local is a lottery funded program for Tonge with The Haulgh that brings together all the local talent, ambitions, skills and energy from individuals, groups and organisations who want to make their area an even better place to live.
Tonge with The Haulgh Big Local would like to give community groups based in this area the opportunity to apply for up to £750 to deliver activities that will make a difference to people in the Tonge with The Haulgh ward of Bolton.
Who Can Apply
- Any new or existing community group based in Tonge with the Haulgh area can apply. Projects not benefitting Tonge and The Haulgh residents or those proposed by organisations based outside the area are not eligible.
- Applications will not be accepted from individuals-please note if you are an individual wanting to develop an idea in the area please contact Joanne Schofield (01204 329839) to discuss as other opportunities are available to you.
- Only one application per group can be made for each funding round.
What we are looking for:
Tonge with The Haulgh Big Local has 4 main themes and any funded project must meet at least one. These are:
- Education, Employment and Training: Increase confidence, support people into employment, learn new skills
- Environment: Improve the local environment, encourage people to access green spaces ie. Community clean up/food growing
- Facilities, Activities and Events: Help make the community stronger and encourage communities to know each other eg. Fun day
- Health, Wellbeing & Active Ageing: Create opportunities to increase confidence, self-esteem and support residents who may feel isolated, for example, a trip out or craft sessions
Priority with be given to:
- Project/Activity creating lasting change in Tonge with the Haulgh area.
- Groups linking together with other groups/projects in the area.
- Projects/Activities that compliment or extend statutory services.
Funding can be used for either capital expenditure (i.e. equipment / materials etc.) or revenue costs (i.e. sessional workers wage / venue hire).
When to Apply
The deadline to apply is
5pm Tuesday 26th June 2018.
You will be informed of the outcome of your application within 4 weeks of your application so your proposed activities must not start before this date.
How to Apply
All applications must now be submitted through our online grant application.
To make an application, first of all you need to create a Bolton CVS website account here.
· You will then receive an email to confirm this has been created.
Now you will be able to log in to our website using your email and password here. Then you will see the "User menu" on the left of the screen where you can click to start a grant application.
You can save and return to this form and will be able to view it again once it's been submitted.
If you would like more information about Tonge with The Haulgh Big Local or to find out how you can get involved please contact Sarah on 01204 329653 email@example.com or Joanne on 01204 329839 firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about how to apply for this grant, please contact Jane or Joan at Bolton CVS on 01204 546026 or email email@example.com